Matrox Video Products Group today announced Matrox MXO2 LE, an HDMI, SDI, and analog I/O device based on the award-winning Matrox MXO2 that streamlines editing with Apple Final Cut Studio on Mac Pros and MacBook Pros. A version of Matrox MXO2 LE is available with Matrox MAX technology for faster than realtime H.264 encoding for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices, using professional application such as Apple Compressor and Telestream Episode. Matrox MXO2 LE provides all the features of an I/O card in a sturdy, portable breakout box with professional audio and video connectivity.
"Content creators are buying Matrox I/O devices not only to meet their input, output, and monitoring needs, but also to speed up delivery to todays digital formats. Creating Blu-ray discs and video for the web and mobile devices is much faster than ever before with Matrox MAX H.264 encoding technology," said Alberto Cieri, Matrox senior sales and marketing director. "The new Matrox MXO2 LE provides all the features professionals need in a compact, affordable, end-to-end productivity tool."
"Matrox MXO2 LE is ideal for mobile journalists and freelance editors who need to take their toolboxes with them wherever they go," said Wayne Andrews, Matrox product manager. "Its easy to connect to towers and laptops and supports efficient workflows in any format required - in the studio, on set, and on the road."
• Works with Intel-based MacBook Pros, Mac Pros, and Apple Xserve systems
• Lightweight, fits easily into a laptop bag
• 4-pin XLR power connector for AC or field battery operation
• HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
• Genlock - SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
• 10-bit HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
• 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
• Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs - HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
• RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
• Captures to a variety of codecs - Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD, and many more
• File-based workflow support - XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2, P2HD
• RED workflow support
• HD-SDI closed captioning support
• Works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
• Also available with Matrox MAX for faster than realtime H.264 encoding
• Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Matrox MXO2 LE is a truly portable I/O device for the Mac. It fits easily into your laptop bag and connects directly to standard field batteries or the included AC power adapter. It connects to your MacBook Pro via Apple’s ExpressCard/34 slot or to your Mac Pro via a PCI Express adapter card.
HD and SD inputs and outputs
Matrox MXO2 LE features professional inputs and outputs. RS-422 machine control is provided for frame-accurate capture and print-to tape with Final Cut Pro. A 4-pin XLR power connection is provided for AC or field battery operation.
• Video • Audio
- SDI - HD/SD - 2 XLR - balanced
- Component - HD/SD - 10-bit - 2 RCA - unbalanced
- Y/C - 10-bit - SDI embedded * up to 8 channels
- Composite - 10-bit - HDMI embedded - up to 8 channels
- HDMI - HD - 10-bit
• Video • Audio
- 2 SDI - HD/SD - 2 XLR - balanced
- Component - HD/SD - 12-bit - 2 RCA - for surround sound
- Y/C - 12-bit monitoring (unbalanced)
- Composite - 12-bit - SDI embedded * up to 8 channels
- HDMI - HD/SD - 10-bit - HDMI embedded - up to 8 channels
Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs, HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog are supported.
Matrox MXO2 LE provides SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD trilevel sync genlock. It can genlock to any type of video input or to house sync.
Timing offset controls can be used to align your video output relative to your external genlock source to compensate for cable delays within your facility.
Matrox MXO2 LE kit contents
Matrox MXO2 LE input/output device
One of the following: Matrox MXO2 PCIe host adapter (for use with Mac Pro) or Matrox MXO2 PCIe ExpressCard/34 adapter (for use with MacBook Pro)
Matrox MXO2 PCIe cable (1 meter)
Matrox MXO2 LE external power supply and IEC-C13 power cord (Additional Matrox MXO2 host adapters may be purchased separately. A thirdparty
RS422 cable is required for machine control.)