• 10-bit Uncompressed SD/HD QuickTime Capture Card
• 12-bit HD Analog Component I/O
• 12-bit SD Analog Component/Composite/S-Video I/O
• 10-bit Hardware HD to SD Downconversion
• DVCProHD hardware acceleration
• HDV hardware acceleration
• Dynamic RT Extreme hardware acceleration
• SDI or HD-SDI Input, 2 Independent SDI/HD-SDI Outputs
• 2-ch Balanced XLR AES and 2-ch Balanced
• XLR Analog Audio I/O
• 8-ch SDI Embedded Audio I/O
• HD/SD Genlock and RS-422 Machine Control
• Final Cut Pro 5, Motion, After Effects, Combustion, and More
• Cables Standard, KL-Box Breakout Optional
• 3-year warranty
Analog (SD and HD), SDI, and HD-SDI - All With One Capture Board
The only card for OSX and Final Cut Pro 5 that provides both HD and SD analog and digital I/O. Not an entry-level card, KONA LH offers a full-ride to HD with no-compromise 10-bit uncompressed video, 2-channel AES and 8-channel embedded audio, Analog Composite/Component Video In/Out, 2-channel analog audio In/Out, broadcast-quality hardware downconversion and TBC on analog inputs. Similar to KONA 2, but without upconversion or Dual-link, KONA LH bridges the analog and digital worlds by offering I/O for both. A lot of card for a low price, KONA LH also features dual-monitor desktop viewing for editing ease.
Like the KONA LS, the KONA LH comes standard with a breakout cable and also works with the optional KL-Box for rackmounted I/O convenience. Supporting native 10-bit resolution, KONA LH provides optimum quality for SD and HD—the maximum allowed in SMPTE SDI standards. Using the QuickTime format, KONA LH captures directly to 10-bit files on disk, and also supports many legacy 8-bit formats for backward compatibility. KONA LH also supports DVCPROHD and HDV, DV25, DV50, JPEG, and more.
In addition to perfection in video, KONA LH offers all the audio support youd ever want: native OSX multi-channel audio and 24-bit AES/EBU digital audio at 48kHz for digital production. For ease of use, KONA LH also includes hardware sample-rate conversion on AES inputs—eliminating source synchronizing requirements.
As the only card available supporting HD/SD analog I/O, KONA LH is perfect for not only uncompressed, but also HDV and other diverse workflows.
Flexible I/O Options
KONA LH offers unsurpassed cable connectivity for a video/audio capture card. Simply plug in the supplied breakout cable. The breakout cable supports:
• Reference Input (BNC)
• Component/Composite/S Video Input (3x BNC)
• Component/Composite/S Video Output (3x BNC)
• AES In (2x XLR)
• AES Out (2x XLR)
• Balanced Audio In (2x XLR)
• Balanced Audio Out (2x XLR)
• RS-422 Machine Control (9 pin D)
• The three BNCs on the KONA LH Card endplate additionally provide:
- Standard and High-definition SDI input (BNC)
- 2 SDI outputs (2x BNC, independent outputs)
Also available is the optional KL-Box. KL-Box is a rugged 1 RU enclosure which mounts all KONA LH I/O connections in a convenient break-out- styled box. Both reliable and convenient, KL-Box can be rackmounted or used on a desktop. KL-Box also supports an additional 2 Channel RCA-style audio monitoring output.